Programme Consultants are responsible for promoting GUS’s programme portfolio to potential students over the phone and via e-mail, forming a vital and integral part of the sales team. The purpose of the role is to manage the pipeline of students from initial application right through to payment of tuition fees.
They will work with minimum day to day supervision, leading on and managing the consultative sales process within established parameters and procedures. They will require a thorough understanding of relevant systems/processes, GUS product or of the working environment. Role holders will strive to achieve set targets, organise their own day-to-day work to meet clear objectives.
Independence and initiative will be required to react to changing priorities and work circumstances, with scope to make decisions within clear parameters. This may also include responding to complaints and escalated issues, and resolving problems involving other departments. They will typically set and monitor standards within their own work area, with scope for improving operational effectiveness and quality service through the application of process improvement.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing individually tailored advice to all prospective students
- Consulting students through the full application circle: form initial conversation through to finalising and closing their application to study with GUS
- Exploring possible career paths for students and matching it with specific GUS offerings
- For international students: advising/ making student aware of on visa, immigration issues and compliance
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from potential student
- Building commonalities to gain trust and engage potential students
- Provide outstanding customer service to all students, and all stakeholders, which is timely and efficient, and encourages students to choose GUS
- Handling student enquiries regarding different programmes from potential students business partners
- Providing individually tailored advice at all times
- Portraying a positive and professional image of GUS at all times. Generating a positive and sought after image of GUS
- Account Managing students applications from original enquiry to payment of tuition fees
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
The post holder may be asked to undertake different or additional duties in line with business requirements at the request of their line manager.
There is an expectation that all employees will maintain the values of the Group and will comply with the code of conduct as well as equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding policies.
To apply for this opening, please send an email to email@example.com with subject line as: "Applying for: Job title"